Private tour Nordfjordeid — Olden — Briksdal Glacier
This tour is an incredible pleasure for all my guests. What you need to do is just: feel the crystal fresh air, drink pure glacial water, try local delicious!
- Explore an ancient, multimillion, post-glacial natural area. Hurry up to catch the melting glaciers, our world heritage.
- Enjoy incredible views from the narrow panoramic road along the Nordfjord.
- Take photos in the best places for Instagram
- Learn about the great history of the Vikings who founded Nordfjordeid over 1000 years ago.
Overview of the highlights
- Picturesque drive along the Nordfjord
- Panoramic drive along the cascades of Olden Lake
- Ride an open-air troll car toward massive Briksdal Glacier and walk even closer if you wish.
- Listen for chunks of the glacier thunderously breaking off.
- View the charming Norwegian countryside while passing through the fabulous Olden Valley.
- Coffee break and souvenir shopping.
- Loen Skylift — one of the steepest cable cars in the world.
- Meeting on the pier, and after a short car-trip over the historical place of the downtown, we drive towards the village Olden.
- We drive the famous Panorama-road. A narrow road brings you closer to the miracle landscape while you enjoy the breathtaking views of the beautiful coastline of Nordfjord.
- Stopovers for photos at some of the numerous glacier lakes.
- Arrival Briksdal and start the spectacular traveling by Glacier national park. It`s hard to believe that for more than 100 years all tourists were transported to the Briksdal glacier by horse. And only in the 21st century (in 2004) horses were replaced with the «Troll cars».
- Troll cars deliver you to the highest plateau of the park, and the rest of the journey continues by walk. It takes approx. 20 min (700 m) to the glacier.
- This tour is private, so our guests always have the choice of how to get back to the car: by Troll car or on foot. Walking takes approx. 1 hour outdoors surrounded by beautiful nature. There are plenty of photo opportunities on the way back.
- You might like to take refreshments in the local restaurant before the scenic return journey back to Nordfjord.
- Stopovers in some beautiful spots along the cascade of crystal glacier lakes and waterfalls.
- After visiting the Briksdal center, we drive towards Loen Village. We will discover one of the steepest cable cars in the world. Loen Skylift takes you from the fjord to the top of Mt. Hoven (1011 meters) in only five minutes. From the Hoven hill station and restaurant, you can enjoy panoramic views of Skala Mountain and Lake Lovatnet to the east, the Jostedalsbreen and Olden glaciers to the south, and the Nordfjord that winds its way to Stryn in the west.
- On top of the Hoven mountain, you will find a cozy restaurant with an exceptional kitchen and glass walls for panoramic observation.
- Arriving Nordfjord. Short walking tour in the historical part of “White Town” of Nordfjordeid in the direction to the pier with your ship
Tour itinerary is approximate and subject to modifications on your wishes or weather conditions.
Tour duration is approximately 8 hours.
Price for a private tour by car up to 4 persons – 15000 NOK
What is included: private transportation; flexible itinerary; smart and attentive local guide; bottled water, local snacks, tickets for Troll cars.
In addition – tickets for Sky-lift 550 NOK per adult, lunch.